Forte International Exchange Association is looking for Local Representatives to work with foreign exchange students in your community. As a Local Representative, you will recruit volunteer Host Families, serve as the liaison with local high schools, and provide support for the exchange students. All of our Local Representatives are provided with excellent training and support by their Area Directors and the Home Office. We work with over 20 different countries, and every student speaks English, is fully medically insured, and brings their own money for personal expenses.
Qualifications: affinity for teens, international interest, marketing abilities, excellent communication skills, and detail-oriented. Affilitations with local schools, media, volunteer organizations, etc. are highly desirable.
Work on a flexible basis from home, earn travel incentives, and other bonuses. Each complete placement earns a generous placement fee, with monthly supplemental income for supervision throughout the school year.
Area Director of Northeast Region:
Summary of Position:
Fote International is seeking qualified professionals to serve as an Area Director for the Northeast region. Based out of your home office, the Area Director will be responsible for overseeing a team of Local Representatives in placing and supervising high school aged students from over 20 countries around the world. The position also requires the recruitment and development of Local Representatives. Other responsibilities include recruiting Host Families, recruiting high schools that accept exchange students and coordinating with the home office.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Build and supervise a team of Local Reprsentatives to facilitate teh placing of exchange students with volunteer Host Families, who will attend high school for a semester or full academic year;
- Lead the regional team of field staff to ensure timely placement of all students assigned to the region, and that the proper documentation for the placement has been supplied to Forte's home office;
- Create a development plan for the region, which includes regional training meetings for Local Representatives;
- Maintain compliance with Department of State regulations and CSIET program standards by providing the necessary documentation for all students placed in the region (proper Host Families, Host Family information forms, and school permission forms, etc);
- Work closely with the staff in the home office through regular email, phone and Skype communication;
- Maintain and develop new high school relationships for the exchange program in designated states;
- Recruit, manage and motivate field network to help the team place their designated quota; develop personal rapport, provide ongoing support to all field representatives;
- Generate leads and direct Host Family recruitment;
- Extensive summer hours as necessary (nights and weekends);
- May involve some domestic travel and international travel; valid US driver's licence required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have previous experience working with a cultural exchange organization. Prefer at least three years;
- Ability to lead and guide a dispersed team;
- Self-motivated, creative and organized;
- Outgoing personality and enthusiasm for international exchange;
- Professional behavior and correspondence a must;
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail and eager to learn and use new technology; previous database skills a plus;
- Previous experience recruiting and motivating volunteer network;
- Cold calling experience helpful;
- Experience in working with secondary school administration a plus;
- International travel and/or work experience preferred but not required;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and within very tight deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work from home;
- National and international travel opportunities available if you reach your goals;
- Salary increses as the region grows;
- Opportunity to change lives every day through international exchange, professional development and life-long friendships!
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as condition of employment.
Intersted candidates please email a cover letter and resume and put 'Area Director for Northeast Region' in the subject line. No phone calls please. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this opportunity.